Are you a dumpling lover who can’t resist a plate of delicious fried dumplings? If so, you know that reheating them can be a challenge. Fear not, for today we will be discussing how to reheat fried dumplings in air fryer. As someone who has tried and failed to properly reheat dumplings in the past, I can confidently say that using an air fryer is a game-changer. With this method, you can achieve the perfect texture and crispiness while keeping them healthy. Whether you prefer gyoza, soup dumplings, pork dumplings, or frozen dumplings such as Ling Ling potstickers, we’ve got you covered. So grab your soy sauce and get ready to learn how to make the perfect reheated dumplings.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Using an Air Fryer for Reheating Dumplings
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen gadget in recent years, and for good reason. Not only do they offer a healthier alternative to deep frying, but they can also be used to reheat a variety of foods, including fried dumplings.
Here are some of the benefits of using an air fryer for reheating dumplings:
One of the main benefits of using an air fryer is that it requires little to no oil, which makes it a healthier alternative to deep frying. This means you can enjoy your favorite fried dumplings without worrying about the added calories and unhealthy fats.
Another advantage of using an air fryer for reheating dumplings is that it provides even heating. This ensures that the dumplings are heated throughout, without leaving any cold spots.
Retains Texture and Crispiness
When reheating dumplings in a microwave, they can become soft and mushy, losing their texture and crispiness. However, when using an air fryer, the dumplings retain their original texture and crispiness, giving you the perfect bite every time.
Using an air fryer for reheating dumplings is also a time-saver. Unlike using an oven, which can take a long time to preheat, an air fryer heats up quickly and can reheat your dumplings in just a few minutes.
Finally, air fryers are versatile and can be used to reheat a variety of dumplings, such as gyoza, soup dumplings, pork dumplings, and even frozen dumplings like Ling Ling potstickers. This makes it a great addition to any kitchen.
Preparing the Air Fryer and Dumplings
Now that you know the benefits of using an air fryer for reheating dumplings, let’s talk about how to prepare both the air fryer and dumplings for the best results.
Preheating the Air Fryer
To ensure even heating and crispy dumplings, it’s important to preheat your air fryer before reheating your dumplings. Most air fryers have a preheat setting, but if yours doesn’t, simply set the temperature to 375°F and let it heat up for a few minutes.
Arranging the Dumplings
Once your air fryer is preheated, arrange the dumplings in a single layer in the basket. Avoid overcrowding the basket, as this can prevent the dumplings from getting crispy and evenly heated.
Adding a Spritz of Water
To prevent the dumplings from drying out, add a spritz of water to the basket before placing it in the air fryer. This will create steam and help to keep the dumplings moist and flavorful.
Adjusting the Time and Temperature
The time and temperature needed to reheat dumplings in an air fryer can vary depending on the type of dumplings and the amount you’re reheating. Generally, it’s recommended to reheat at 375°F for 5-7 minutes, but you may need to adjust the time and temperature based on your specific air fryer and dumplings.
Adding Soy Sauce
Once your dumplings are reheated, remove them from the air fryer and serve them hot with a side of soy sauce for dipping. This will enhance the flavor of the dumplings and give them an authentic Asian taste.
How to Reheat Fried Dumplings in Air Fryer
Now that you have prepared the air fryer and dumplings, it’s time to reheat the fried dumplings using the air fryer.
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for about 3 minutes.
Place the dumplings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure to leave enough space between each dumpling for the hot air to circulate and crisp up the dumplings evenly.
Lightly spray or brush the dumplings with oil to help them achieve a crispy texture.
Set the timer for 6-8 minutes and let the dumplings cook until they are heated through and crispy on the outside.
Flip the dumplings halfway through cooking to ensure even crisping.
Once the dumplings are cooked, remove them from the air fryer basket and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as soy sauce or chili oil.
Note: If you are reheating frozen dumplings, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly to ensure they are fully heated through. Consult the package instructions for specific cooking times and temperatures.
Serving Reheated Fried Dumplings
After reheating your fried dumplings in the air fryer, it’s time to enjoy them! Here are some tips for serving your delicious dumplings:
- Arrange the dumplings on a plate or platter, garnishing with fresh herbs or sliced scallions for a pop of color and flavor.
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces, such as soy sauce, vinegar, or chili oil, to allow guests to customize their dumpling experience.
- Pair the dumplings with a light and refreshing side dish, such as a cucumber salad or steamed broccoli, to balance out the richness of the dumplings.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through.
- Enjoy your dumplings as a snack, appetizer, or even a main course. Get creative with your dumpling fillings and dipping sauces to keep things interesting!
Additional Tips for Reheating Frozen Dumplings in Air Fryer
Reheating frozen dumplings in an air fryer is an easy and convenient way to enjoy your favorite snack or meal.
- Make sure to preheat the air fryer before adding the frozen dumplings. This will help to ensure even cooking and prevent the dumplings from sticking.
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray to prevent sticking and help the dumplings crisp up nicely.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket or tray. This can lead to uneven cooking and soggy dumplings. Instead, cook the dumplings in batches if necessary.
- Adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the size and type of dumplings you are reheating. For example, larger dumplings may require more time than smaller ones, and thicker skins may need a slightly lower temperature to prevent burning.
- Check the dumplings frequently while they are cooking to avoid overcooking or burning. Use tongs or a spatula to gently flip them over halfway through the cooking process for even browning.
- Allow the dumplings to cool for a few minutes before serving to prevent burning your mouth.
Can I reheat dumplings that have already been reheated before?
It is not recommended to reheat dumplings that have already been reheated before as this can affect the quality and texture of the dumplings. It’s best to only reheat dumplings once.
Can I reheat soup dumplings in an air fryer?
Soup dumplings are not recommended for reheating in an air fryer as the steam may cause the air fryer to malfunction. It’s best to reheat soup dumplings by steaming them on the stove.
How long can I keep leftover dumplings in the fridge?
Leftover dumplings can be kept in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. It’s important to store them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out or absorbing other flavors.
Can I freeze leftover dumplings?
Yes, leftover dumplings can be frozen for later use. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag and label them with the date. They can be reheated in the air fryer directly from frozen.
Can I use an air fryer to cook fresh dumplings?
Yes, an air fryer can be used to cook fresh dumplings as well as reheat leftover ones. Just adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the size and type of dumplings you are cooking.
And that’s it! Reheating fried dumplings in an air fryer is an easy and convenient way to enjoy your favorite snacks. Here are some key takeaways from this article:
- Air fryers are a great tool for reheating fried dumplings.
- Reheating in an air fryer can help restore the crispy texture of the dumplings.
- Make sure to preheat your air fryer and arrange the dumplings in a single layer for best results.
- You can also use an air fryer to reheat frozen dumplings.
- Experiment with different temperatures and times to find the perfect setting for your air fryer.
- Don’t forget to serve your reheated dumplings with your favorite dipping sauce, like soy sauce or chili oil.
With these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly reheated dumplings anytime, anywhere. So break out that air fryer and get ready to savor every delicious bite!
EXCITING AIR FRYER RECIPES TO REHEAT YOUR LEFTOVERS YOU’LL LOVE: